The Austrian Workers' Compensation Board (Allgemeine Unfallversicherungsanstalt - AUVA) is the Austrian leading social insurance for occupational risks for 3M employees, 1.4M kindergarten children, pupils and students, and numerous voluntary members such as fire fighters and rescue personnel.
Tasks of the AUVA are: trauma prevention, medical care, rehabilitation and compensation.
The AUVA offers a wide variety of benefits and institutions in order to support its clients.
Our core competence
Comprehensive trauma care from the site of accident to rehabilitation:
- Extremity and joint trauma of all kinds
- Blunt or penetrating brain, spine, thorax, abdominal and pelvic trauma
- Interdisciplinary management of numerous trauma patients in a life-threatening condition
- Replantation and microsurgery after total or partial traumatic amputation of the upper and lower extremity
- Reconstructive and plastic surgery including free flap techniques for extensive soft tissue repair
- Arthroscopic joint surgery
- Arthroplasty and total endoprosthesis
Our trauma team approach
We strive to provide the best level of trauma care, 24 hours a day. Therefore, our entire staff is dedicated to life-long learning and quality assessment. Through close cooperation with our research facilities and international specialists, we guarantee the up-to-date implementation of new techniques and scientific know-how in our daily work.
In order to assure optimal patient care, the AUVA Trauma Centre Styria is equipped with the latest technology. A strong focus is on the well-being of patients, whereas convenient accommodation is a matter of course.
AUVA Trauma Centre Styria
Goestinger Strasse 24
Tel.: +43 5 93 93-43000
Fax: +43 5 93 93-43605